Friday 6 February 2015

One girls story

In this series I will be starring the main character Ash who will be playing the role of a girl who has experienced bullying in her life. I have chosen to portray someone who has been in a situation like this before as it is more reasonable and understanding as it would be visibly seen through her emotions and her acting throughout the series. As the series is all based on cyber bullying, there will be other forms of bullying also shown in the series, such as abuse and neglect. My main message to represent to my audience is to learn from the series as there will be a lesson taught throughout the series. Now I will present significant parts of an interview of my main star in the series who will be sharing her thoughts and feelings about this new series Channel 4 is broadcasting a brand new series targeting teenagers and young adults. The series is based on the different tragedies teenagers get into in today’s society and how these tragedies can be triggered. The series is called ‘One Girls Story’ which will start to broadcast at 9pm every Friday and Saturday. The reason towards the target audience I particularly chose is to send out a message to all the teenagers out there who are struggling and being bullied through social media. My main focus is to concentrate on cyber bullying as in today’s society it is still a major issue that needs to be triggered.
Ashmita, how was the whole experience for you overall?
This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and im so lucky to have been able to experience this. Taking this role was the best thing I decided to do, it made me realise how much I love to act and I wouldn’t have been who I am if it wasn’t for the show. The show has helped me build up my self-confidence and changed my mind set on certain topics for the better
what was the hardest part to film for you?
I didn't find filming hard to film as I can act quite serious at certain situations, but when I had to act dead I did keep laughing at times because it was hard staying still and not moving. however not only was I laughing throughout the scene I did breakdown at a point because it felt realistic and it broke my heart at the fact that there are girls in these situations that are actually true in today's society and its just sad that some girls have no one to turn too. 
How did you feel on your first shoot?
I was very nervous and terrified as I did not want to make any mistakes and ruin my first shoot, but my fellow cast members were really supportive and helped me build up my confidence in being comfortable to act in front of the camera. I loved it! 
What do you think of your on screen character?
My on screen character had a very tough back story, which caused her to take such drastic steps. She was a troubled as a little girl and had a rough childhood and I feel bad for her as the things she had to face all alone in such a serious issue

No comments:

Post a Comment